Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Shaving Cream Cans

You know sometimes I wonder at the mental faculties of large companies.

There is a problem with shaving cream cans - at least with the metal ones.

They are made of a metal that rusts. That rust is encouraged by the high amount of water vapor present in a bathroom, where the shaving cream can will reside.

So, this isn't nuclear science. They have a couple of options:

1) Don't make the shaving cream can out of a metal that rusts.
2) Make the shaving cream can as usual, but coat it in a substance on the bottom so it will not rust.
3) Make the bottom of the shaving cream can out of something that doesn't rust

Not only is it a waste to use such a good amount of metal for a stupid shaving cream can, but it rusts wherever it is placed in my bathroom. Then, that rust is never easy to remove. Somehow it appears to bind itself to the surface making extraordinary effort in scrubbing to remove the offending rust.

What, do the people that work at these places and create the packaging not use the products? Do they enjoy removing the rust in their bathroom?

Do they think I might enjoy a little rust on my bathtub so my kids can rub their hands in it and then stick it in to their mouth? (Nevermind that they really shouldn't be doing that, kids do whatever they want to no mater what you tell them. Currently, my 4-year-old is in a state of - let me do exactly the opposite of what daddy asks me to and see if he gets pissed off.)

No comments: