Monday, December 12, 2005

UK - Article Loading to Database

Well, I've improved my performance greatly in loading the article into my database in the hopes that I'll be able to use this data to help them update their interface.

So, up from the last number of articles I have loaded in to my database, I now have 7770 articles of over 10,000 articles uploaded.

That's pretty good. Less than 3,000 to go and then I'll need to be able to grab the most recent articles as well.

There are lots of options with the Useless-Knowledge website update. one hopes for the least work for the most increased abilities, looks and performance, but it seems to me that it is likely that they'll need something completely custom.

I just don't know. And considering the efforts necessary for completely custom - it is difficult to discern if it is worth it. Perhaps they should look at the update in phases. Start with looks and an improved posting logic. Then later add article counters and comments sections to the articles.

It might be better, who knows.

Alex

No comments: